Whether you use GSTC or another unregistered provider or a combination is entirely up to you but here are three things to keep in mind:
- GSTC is staffed by skilled, passionate and dedicated professionals aiming to make life better for people with a disability.
- We comply with the NDIS Commission’s model by adhering to the NDIS Code of Conduct, police checks for all staff, risk assessments, hold appropriate insurances, a complaints procedure as well as Service Agreements so you can be confident using.
- Choosing GSTC for some or all of your support services means you are in control. We can provide tailored support services to assist you to reach your goals and gain independence.
How can I access GSTC as my provider?
- Independent Living Skills programs that are recognised by housing providers that give participants the knowledge needed to maintain a tenancy, deal with finances, personal care & presentation, cleaning, food preparation, nutrition and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Our foundation skills development courses that include; communication and problem solving skills and workplace numeracy and literacy.
- Employment skills training that helps you identify careers that may be suitable to you and gives you the knowledge to take the first steps to hone your application and interview skills.
- Industry short courses such as Forklift licencing or WHS programs,
- Certificate courses in Hospitality, Retail services, Retail Management, Business, Business Admin, Logistics, Warehousing and Agriculture.
Most of our courses offer flexible delivery and online learning opportunities where you can study in your own time, from home. Our dedicated trainers monitor and mentor you through all courses and each course includes the opportunity to apply the skills learnt with one of our employers in a combination of training and practical work placement that meets the needs of local employers.
Like to know more reach out with your inquiry
It’s not easy to break into the job market. Our aim is to provide you with the tools you need to give yourself a competitive edge. Whether it’s training or individual consultation with one of our employment staff, we can set you up on the road to success. We can help you identify the job that suits you, give you the skills you need to apply for these jobs and organize the work experience you need to start your career with one of our employers.
We can help you prepare for work with;
- Help to prepare resumes or letters of application,
- Advice on interviews,
- Introductions to employers,
- Work experience, internships and supported work placements with employers to give you practical skills and experience.
GSTC have been operation through regional NSW for many years and know where the employment opportunities are. We handle a number of vacancies with businesses that offer entry level career opportunities or short term placements so Register With Us to launch your new career.
To compliment our training and employment services will provide specialized Indigenous staff and programs that assist Aboriginal people who are looking for work or wanting to start their own business.
We work with Indigenous groups and organizations, to put in place the programs and support that is culturally appropriate and tailored to community needs. We provide outreach services, community Projects, training and mentoring opportunities.
Through our network GSTC also offer a range of opportunities where Indigenous specific vacancies have been identified or where jobseekers can access cultural programs, work placements, health and fitness activities and Indigenous Projects aimed at helping people connect with community.
We work collaboratively with Aboriginal organizations and utilize their services for our jobseekers. We also support and strengthen the capacity of new and established Aboriginal business through long-term partnering to facilitate business development and increase employment opportunities for Aboriginal people.
Our tailored approach means we take into account local needs, governance and cultural influences to build trust and respect between our services and the Indigenous communities where they are delivered with the aim of developing community self-reliance.